April 2021 Minutes
Sarah Arpin calls the meeting to order at 7:03 pm.
Christopher Morris, Sarah Arpin, Bob Roth, John Cassidy, Josh Brewer, Jose Gomez, Rich Kline, Sean Vanderhoff, Sheila Minor, Barry Adams, and Ben Tobin were all in attendance.
Minutes taken by Christopher Morris.
- No announcements
Reading of the Previous Meetings (Christopher Morris)
- Christopher read the minutes.
- Sean motioned to pass them, Bob seconded.
- Minutes passed
Treasurer’s Report (John Cassidy)
- Credit Card bill for $1672.40 for ESRI, Filemaker and Kentucky Taxes
- $220.00 in commercial request fees
- Closing balance of $17,473.54
- As far as investments, John is conservative and likes the bank
Data Committee (Sarah Arpin)
- There have been several requests that have come in
- There has been some follow up and waiting on responses
- There are a few outstanding commercial requests
- Filemaker was purchased
- We got a 10% extra discount on it
- Howard has got the database loaded into the platform
- It can be accessed via the desktop program or via the web form
- There are 2 testers for the database right now
- Howard, Sarah and Kevin as testing it out
- Via the testing they have figured out that it is working really well
- It updates on the fly (live) for all the users
- Next up will be to get it out to the data committee for more testing
- No update on the data committee guidelines
Emergency Response (Mike Keltner)
- Not present, no report
Membership Committee (Bob Roth)
- The moving over from Sean will happen in the next month
- Sheila would be happy to stay on
- Sean noted that there was not much that has to be done other than a few emails a month, outside of the beginning of the year and when the annual report comes out
Grant Committee (Amber Yuellig)
- Not present, no report.
Annual Report Report (Christopher Morris)
- Christopher updated with the cover and to expect it to be sent out in late May
- Bylaws update has been sent out to the board for the 45 day notice for voting at the May meeting
- The updated Bylaws will be sent out to the membership in the coming week for greater review
- We have been discussing the Code of Ethics
- Ben Tobin suggested that we instead accept the NSS Code of Ethics, which is a living document
- Sarah asked what we need to do since it is an NSS specific document
- Ben noted that if we became an IO, it would be a mute discussion
- If we were not an IO, he thinks we would only need a sentence to adopt it for the KSS
- Sarah noted that we needed to address who you report to, etc.
- A vote could not be done tonight due to only 4 board members present at the meeting
- Discussion about an action statement for the KSS to be in there
- John noted we could say something like ‘every May we review’ the NSS Code of Conduct
- Sarah noted that we would take this conversation to email
- An email will be sent out to vote on approval of the academic grant that came in
- Sarah noted that she will get with Amber on updating the grant process with the language that we are missing
- Sarah noted that one of the thoughts that we had was to have a student again with KGS for working with our data
- Sarah and Ben will talk about what needs to be done on this to make the process
- Annual Meeting
- Bob noted that no one has reached out on wanting to help yet
- Bob is working on a list of actionable items that need to be done
- Need to spitball some ideas about where we want to go with it this year
- Sarah noted to tap Ben for some ideas on presentations
- Sean mentioned that he can help with places that he looked into holding a physical meeting
Christopher motioned to adjourn at 7:41 and Bob seconded.