March 2021 Minutes
Sarah Arpin calls the meeting to order at 7:03 pm.
Christopher Morris, Sarah Arpin, Bob Roth, Jose Gomez, Sean Vanderhoff, Kevin Zachary, Rich Kline, Sheila Minor, Steve Vaugn, Christian DeCelle, Philip Francis, John Casidy, Amber Yuellig, Barry Adams, and Howard Kalnitz were all in attendance.
Minutes taken by Christopher Morris.
- Sarah introduced the new board members.
Reading of the Previous Meetings (Christopher Morris)
- Christopher read the minutes.
- Kevin motitioned to pass them, Philip seconded.
- Minutes passed
Treasurer’s Report (John Cassidy)
- $1,940 in commercial request fees
- $315.48 in membership fees
- Closing balance of $18,925.60
- The federal tax return has been completed. The state is close to being completed.
- John brought up that we had talked about investing some money in a mutual fund.
- John likes to keep money in the bank instead of investing it.
Data Committee (Howard Kalnitz)
- Howard said that we had 3 things to go over at our data committee meeting last week.
- We spent most of the time on the database and where we wanted to go with it.
- There were more questions than answers.
- The data committee is recommending that we go forward with funding the cloud based FileMaker program.
- 7 seats at $19 per user per month.
- $1,596.00 without taxes.
- Seats are for the 4 regional coordinators and the database committee access to the database.
- Howard talked about how we had other options, but those options were not shown to us in any working format.
- The committee is recommending that we do this for a year.
- Howard does not think we will go in another direction.
- Christopher asked if his questions had been answered from the data meeting.
- Howard did not have answers yet.
- Howard motioned that we vote to spend this money.
- Kevin seconded.
- Sarah motioned it for a vote by acclamation.
- The motion passed with no objections.
- Howard thanked those that have been working hard on it.
- Especially Philip.
- Philip noted that he will get back at it in the next week or so.
- There have been a dozen or so data requests in the last month.
- The committee will continue to do data requests at their monthly meetings.
- Commercial requests are generally filled immediately.
Emergency Response (Mike Keltner)
- Not present, no report.
Membership Committee (Sean Vanderhoff)
- Sarah noted that there would be a switch over to Bob from Sean as the new board transitions.
- Sean has been updating the Google Drive folder. He discussed what he has been doing.
- Christopher will set Bob up with an account and access.
Grant Committee (Amber Yuellig)
- Not present, no report.
Annual Report Report (Christopher Morris)
- Christopher is still hoping to have it out in the next few weeks.
- Sarah talked about our vision and what we want to do going forward as a board after the transition period that there has been in the last year.
- Ben & Chris have been working on updating these to match how we are actually doing things. Also updated the formatting to have better readability.
- The plan is to vote on it in the next couple months and to make it available to the membership before a vote.
- Sarah noted that we will make the Code of Ethics available to the membership and plan to vote on it at the next meeting.
- Sarah talked about Christopher taking over the social media accounts and creating content for them.
- She put out a call for anyone that is interested in having the KSS share anything to send it Chris’ way.
- Sarah also talked about updating the website with links and resources.
- Sarah next talked about updating the schedule for the year.
- There was discussion about canceling the meeting in June and/or July due to the NSS Convention.
- We decided to hold off until we see if it is virtual or in person.
- Bob talked about having a committee for the annual meeting and splitting out the responsibilities.
- Bob mentioned that it is normally in September.
- Sarah noted that we could leave that TBA and up to Bob and the committee to decide.
- Sarah talked about the things John brought up at the previous meeting and spending money on another student. The discussion was tabled for a future meeting.
- Sarah brought up a conversation about the grant application that we have received.
- John, Amber and Sarah noted that they would like to see a budget.
- Sarah will reach out for a budget.
- The board will vote via email after receiving it.
Christopher motioned to adjourn at 7:45 and Kevin seconded.