December 2020 Minutes
Sean calls the meeting to order at 7:05 pm.
Christopher Morris, Kevin Zachary, Sean Vanderhoff, Sarah Arpin, Howard Kalnitz, Michael Seth, Alan Hatcher, Preston Forsythe, Susan Wilkinson, John Cassidy, Ben Tobin, Bob Roth, Rich Kline, Sheila Minor, Jim Currens & Suan Wilkinson were all in attendance.
Minutes taken by Christopher Morris.
- Preston announced that Christopher’s deadline for the annual is the end of this month.
- Sean explained how to submit.
Reading of the Previous Meetings (Christopher Morris)
- Christopher read the minutes.
- Kevin motitioned to pass them, John seconded.
- Minutes passed
Treasurer’s Report (John Cassidy)
- We started with $13,563.44
- $2,334.32 fees came in
- $2,300 in search fees
- $34.32 in membership fees
- We have a total of $15,897.76
- John emailed the Grant recipient.
- He has not heard back from him yet.
Data Committee (Sarah Arpin)
- 9 new data requests.
- 5 commercial
- Sarah elaborated on these requests
- 3 from county coordinators
- 1 academic request
- Sarah explained this request.
- Related to Tom Barr’s beetle research
- They shared Jedidiah’s research with us
Emergency Response (Mike Keltner)
- Not present, no report.
- Sean asked if he had access.
- Christopher updated him on making sure Mike got the access he needed.
Membership Committee (Sheila Minor)
- 2 new members in November.
- 56 life members and 40 annual members.
- Total of 96 members.
Election Committee (Ben Tobin)
- Ben put out a final call for nominations
- Current Nominations:
- President - Sarah Arpin
- Vice President - Bob Roth
- Treasurer - John Cassidy
- Secretary - Christopher Morris
- Member-at-Large - Amber Yuellig, Howard Kalnitz, & Kevin Zachary
- Sarah asked and Ben confirmed that Pat took her name out of running.
Grant Committee (Amber Yuellig)
- Not present, no report.
- Sean noted that there were several things to talk about on this.
- Christopher noted that John had stated that he had reached out to the grant recipient.
- Sean said we should advertise it more that we have a grant.
- Sarah said she would like for us to turn around and take care of it right away.
- So we should iron out the details ASAP
- John agreed
- Discussion ensued about hammering out the details better for the grants
- Howard said to push to the next meeting and hash it out then
Survey Initiatives (Sean Vanderhoff)
- Sean has reservations about this due to Covid
- Chris agreed
- Kevin stated that it is outside and shouldn’t be too much of an issue
- Sarah noted that no one has stated that they have a project area
Annual Report Report (Christopher Morris)
- Christopher gave an update on the annual
- Sean noted that he is more than willing to help
- Preston commented about how great the last few years have been
- Sean noted that we are an interim board so there is not much business to be done until the new board is sworn in
- John noted that he is looking for options about taking credit cards for commercial request invoices
- Howard noted that Pam used to use Square
- Sarah asked about direct deposit options
- Some discussion ensued
- Sean asked about new swag
- Sarah noted that it would not be a bad idea
- Sarah elaborated that there are a few different routes for this
Christopher motioned to adjourn at 7:51 and John seconded.