April 15, 2020
1) Greetings & Announcements – Josh Brewer – Vice Chair
WELCOME! We hope you & yours are safe!
UNESCO Karst 2020 not cancelled, but going VIRTUAL!
WKU Karst Field Studies Cancelled
2) Reading of previous minutes – Amber Yuellig – Secretary
- March Minutes
3) Treasurers Report – John Cassidy – Treasurer
- Summary of holdings
- Fidelity forms
4) Committee Reports
A)Data Committee: - Sarah Arpin– Committee Chair
- March Meeting Recap:
- Purpose, Mission, and Vision Statements voted on, and approved by the Board.
- Report from April meeting
- Data Request – Standard Responses
- Upcoming Vote
- New Data Committee Bylaws to be voted on at the earliest by email on April 25th (Bylaws: Chapter 11: Amendments states” … be presented in writing to the Board 45 days prior to the meeting. These changes we’re discussed & agreed upon by the Data Committee on March 11th & first distributed to the Board the following day. March 12th to April-15 is 35 days.) or at the May Board meeting.
- B) Emergency Response committee – Mike Keltner– Committee Chair
- C) Membership Committee – Sean Vanderhoff– Committee Chair
- D) Grant Committee – Amber Yuellig – Committee Chair
- Report from April 8th meeting
- Board Vote on Survey Grant – Submitted to KSS on Jan 25th 2020
- E) Annual Report – Christopher Morris - Editor
- Annual Returns
- A few to mail
- Accepting material for 2020 Report
- F) KSS Survey Expedition’s Josh Brewer
- No new survey events have been scheduled due to COVID-19
- G) Annual Meeting Sean Vanderhoff/Josh Brewer
- We have an ANNOUNCEMENT!
5) Old Business:
- June 28th Face to face
- Gsuite Report – Christopher Morris
- GoToMeeting for Grotto use – Sean Vanderhoff
6) New Business:
- KGS Intern’s – Ben Tobin’s request help from the Board to provide tasks.
- KSS Committee members selection process. Christopher Morris has pointed out that the data & election committees have their member selection guidelines written into the KSS bylaws and believes all KSS committees should follow suit.
-KSS Swag- New Logo?
Future work (2020)
- Update and clarify election bylaws
- Members List, and Members Guide
- Members section on website – Christopher
- Biota data on survey 123 and in database
- Quinlan’s UK collection - Preston
- Advisory Committee Setup (new) – Kalnitz/Tobin
- Advisory board