January 17, 2018
Attendees: Howard Kalnitz, Josh Brewer, Amber Yuellig, Christopher Morris, Sean Vanderhoff, Shelia Minor, Mike Keltner, Jim Currens, Shaun, Ben Miller, Preston Forsythe, Sara Arpin, John Cassidy
· Howard: LIDAR has dropped for missing counties in Kentucky.
· Jim: Granddad again!
Reading of Previous Minutes:
· Minutes from previous meeting taken by Howard Kalnitz
· Minutes read by Howard Kalnitz
· Motion to accept: Josh, second: Ben, minutes accepted
· Search Fees:
· Ending Balance
· Life Members
· Tax Returns, started today and should be no problems this year, John would like to add a treasurers folder to the KSS Dropbox with balances and tax documents
· Motion to accept: Jim, second: Shaw
· David Shafer asked for info for friend who owns cave in Grayson County
Cave Reporter App
· Howard has made updates, in order for the changes to take effect you must delete and reinstall the app. Howard has sent out directions.
· Milestone Alert!- as of 1/16 4,999 caves have been reported in Kentucky, as of today we have 5,004 caves!
· Should we partner with KGS and put out a press release?
o Jim suggests working with Mike Lynch at KGS
o We should also send a press release to the NSS News
o Howard and Amber will work together to draft the document
· Database updates- many counties are in need of updates, need to check with current coordinators to see if they wish to remain active or if they need to be replaced
· More grottos are permitting us to share publications
Emergency Response Committee
· Updating list with names and numbers
· Meeting with area organizations to develop working relationship
· We have a board call-out list for people who have access to the full database who have GIS experience
· Howard moves to give Ken Baily access to database, Amber motion, Ben seconds, motion approved
· KSS Presentation- push to next month
· Newsletter update- Josh with Chris’ help are finalizing the newsletter and it will be printed soon, using publishing software and will have a whole new look
· LiDAR- Howard as published a layer of all the lidar, “Kentucky Geo”
o Need ArcGIS or ESRI Explorer (Apple/ Android)
· Data Security
o No update
· Survey Initiative Weekend Updates
o TBD March/ April: Have a cave in Breckenridge in need of resurvey, will be working with the Stoops to plan/coordinate
o : second survey initiative for the year
o Requesting subset of data to share with arch enthusiasts,
o Table for next meeting
March meeting at UK
Motion to close Ben, second Josh