May 17 2018
2) Reading of previous minutes
3) Treasurers Report
4) Committee Reports
A) Data Access Report: - Sarah Arpin
- review request spreadsheet
B) Database Committee- Kalnitz
1. Reports Keep trickling in
- Isaaks, Bobo and one of the environmental consultants
2. New Esri group for KSS nearing completion
- Base layer is complete
- County groups are set-up
- Data being deployed to count groups in a way that allows instant updating
- Will most likely keep Filemaker Pro as base data system, but not deployed to county coordinators
- Should be deploying to CC in the next few weeks
C) Data Archives - Arpin
D) Emergency Response committee - Keltner
- New Esri Product ready to be rolled out to emergency coordinator
- A request was made for a write up we can share with cavers
E) Membership Committee – Vanderhoff
1. Update on PR presentation?
5) Old Business:
A) KSS grotto Presentation – Currens
- Move to Membership committee?
B) Newsletter update – Brewer
- One still needing mailing….
C) Grant Committee
- Any volunteers for this position?
D) Safeguard data/ Security- Elrond
- No Updates
E) Update on Survey initiative weekends – Brewer
- DO we have any DATA on Breckenridge Survey initiative?
- June – Wells cave
- Need a minimum set of information returning back to KSS to be chartered from KSS. Survey data/locational data/ or maps
- Without some guarantee of this should they be chartered by KSS
f) Arch Database Data sharing – Morris
G) Request from Kentucky Nature Preserves Committee
- Will set up some time after our ArcGIS conversion to work with this group
- Suggest face to face meeting
6) New Business:
A) KSS presentations at State survey Session at convention
- Archive Sara?
- ArcGIS online HJK
- State of KSS Josh?
- Survey 123 HJK